Director of Operations
Our Lady of Guadalupe parish is a new parish created through the amalgamation of four
previous parishes in the core of Dartmouth. The amalgamation has many administrative,
property and organizational challenges as we transition from four office locations to one.
Although the physical move is completed, operationally and administratively there are a myriad
of processes and procedures that need to be developed to support the transition to one
location. The Director of Operations will lead this effort of transition, establish new systems
that will serve the parish in its efforts to become a community of missionary disciples. The
Director of Operations will also play a key role in the on-going evaluation of all operational
systems in the midst of our changing reality so that they will always best support the mission of
The Operations Manager is a key member of the parish staff reporting directly to the Pastor
on a daily basis and contributing to parish committees such as PLT, finance council, property
committee and weekly staff meetings.
This is a senior leadership position, which will deal with matters of significance for the long-
term health of the parish, and will support the bookkeeper, property manager, custodian and
This is a full time (35 hours per week), Evenings and weekends when required
The Operations Manager is a key leadership position, responsible for the efficient, effective and
smooth running of the administration and maintenance of the parish in a way that supports the
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and coordinate all office administrative functions and procedure related to parish
ministries, such as baptism, marriage and funeral requests.
• Raise up, equip and support office volunteers, bookkeeper, property manager and custodian.
• Develop an online system for hall and office bookings for all parish buildings and offices.
• Prioritize and approve corrective and preventive maintenance of all buildings, grounds, and
• Liaise as necessary with service providers to ensure contracted work is carried out in
collaboration with the Parish Custodian and property manager.
• Develop processes to deal with unforeseen infrastructure issues and emergencies.
• Oversee custodial and bookkeeper contract.
• Develop and maintain an access system and protocols for the access and security of all
• Undergraduate or college degree in business or administration.
• Exceptional communication (written and verbal), team building skills, and the ability to
establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
• Proven ability to maintain sensitive and highly confidential information;
• Ability to work independently
• Results oriented
• Practicing Catholic in good standing is strongly preferred
• Passionate about parish renewal and supportive of the Archdiocesan pastoral plan: Equip the
The person who fills this position is required to consent to a Police Record Check, Vulnerable
Sector Check, and to sign the Responsible Ministry protocols of the Archdiocese of Halifax-
Critical thinking and problem solving
Strong communication skills, orally and in writing
Adaptability and Flexibility
Values and ethics
Tact and diplomacy
Expression of interests are to be received by e-mail to Anne Marie Sime (email@example.com) by noon on Friday, November 6, 2020. (Please note the extension)